Saturday, February 2, 2008

Back to the stamp table

I finally made it back to the stamp table last night after nearly two weeks away. It's amazing how much I miss the crafting outlet when I have a break like that. I'm hoping to make up for it today; I have several cards to make in advance of Valentine's Day and a few upcoming birthdays and such. I love to kick off my weekend stamping with the Inspiration Challenge; it's hosted by my friend Karen, and she usually posts it on Friday nights so I can work on it when I get home from work. This week's piece was a living room suite in white and natural colors, almost like a beach retreat. I love the freshness of the inspiration picture, so I tried to use replicate the clean, crisp look here using a combination of white, river rock and sahara sand. I applied some antique linen distress ink direct to the card base to give it a more rustic look. I inked the flower (which looks similar to the rug in the inspiration piece) in sahara sand and then rock and rolled the edges in river rock. I added some stardust stickles and a do-jiggie for a little sparkle. Thanks Karen, for getting me stamping again!
Supplies:
Stamps: fabulous flowers, short and sweet, linen BG
Paper: river rock, sahara sand, whisper white
Ink: river rock, sahara sand, antique linen distress ink
Accessories: Twill (Martha Stewart), do jiggie (Borders), stardust Stickles, dimensionals

2 comments:

Corie said...

This is just stunning -- so elegant!!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Yay, Michelle! I'm so glad you are stamping again. This is gorgeous!