Sunday, January 6, 2008

More New Year's Challenges

The postman knocked on my door yesterday with a great big package from Lindsey/Jacksonbelle! The goodies were my prizes from her New Year's Eve party on Splitcoast. The box included two packages of Prima ribbon, some Prima flowers, a bottle of Frosty Nights Glimmer Mist (such a cool color!) and a collection pack of Basic Grey Dasher paper (including alphabet stickers and cool tags). Thank you so much, Lindsey, I love it all! I'm already plotting some projects with the new goodies, too. First though, I thought I would share the last of my projects from the party the other night. The first card was for the "black and blue" challenge, and was one of Lindsey's randomly picked winners. I have been loving my blue bayou and soft sky inks and papers, and I also had some really pretty Heidi Grace Frost collection papers sitting fresh and uncut and ready to use - fortunately, they matched! Unfortunately, I've completely run out of soft sky paper. Time to reorder - though I'm holding out til Sellabration starts. I really wanted to showcase the pretty pattern of the paper, so I did not embellish a lot. But I did use my new Cuttlebug for the slider.
Supplies:
Stamps: Short and Sweet from SU
Paper: blue bayou, soft sky, whisper white, basic black, Heidi Grace Frost
Ink: Stazon black, blue bayou
Accessories: Cuttlebug, CM circle cutter, CM corner punch, white organdy ribbon

The last challenge was to make a Valentine. I was running out of steam, so I pulled out a CB background my friend Joni had sent me using CTMH white core cardstock and sanded it. I then embossed and die cut the Love stamp and sponged it lightly with ruby red ink for some dimension. I added the ribbon from Michael's, and voila!

Supplies

Paper: DCWV textured black notecard, whisper white, CTMH red

Accessories: Cuttlebug, sponging, ribbon, sanding block

1 comment:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Congrats on winning those awesome goodies, Michelle! Wooohoooo! Are you gonna post a picture for us? Huh? Huh?