Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Peace

I've been a busy little bee this weekend, getting ready for the holidays. The tree is up, partially decorated, and all the rest of the holiday decor is up. I've completed another Christmas project, too. Sorry, though, I can't share it until after the holidays! To help me get into the spirit of the season, I've been playing my favorite Christmas music. Some of my favorites include Garth Brooks' Beyond the Season; Trisha Yearwood's The Sweetest Gift, Kenny Loggins' December; James Taylor, and of course, the Billboard Greatest Hits, and of course, the best Christmas CD ever - John Denver and the Muppets! If you haven't heard it, you must at least listen to a clip sometime. It's hilarious! I'll be sharing other holiday favorites in the coming days, and I hope my readers (I know there are at least a few of you ;) ) will share some of your holiday favorites, too!
Now on to the card. I made this one several weeks ago. It was my first attempt with Peace to the World. In my head, before I ordered the set, I envisioned a card with kraft, hunter and either burgundy or ruby red, something sort of country or barn feeling. But as I colored, it just didn't seem to be working. I made two of this one and wasn't really happy with either one - they just don't feel Christmassy enough. The fold is a Z-fold, learned from Beate. The image is stamped in Stazon timber brown on shimmery vanilla and watercolored with pumpkin pie, summer sun, bordering blue, hunter and gray, if I remember right. The layers are hunter and ruby red. I finished the card with some vanilla stitched May Arts ribbon and a snippet of chocolate satin My Mind's Eye ribbon.

No comments: