Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fabulous inspiration!

My friend Karen hostes the weekly inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. She always comes up with fun pieces to inspire us, and this week was no different! The inspiration piece was a bedding ensemble from Target, in bright girly colors with lots of stripes and flowers. I used the colors, the flowers, and the stripes as my inspiration for this card. I actually had another piece of patterned paper in mind for the card, but while I was digging through my scraps, I stumbled on this sheet from American Crafts and thought it would be perfect. I layered the paper on taken with teal and a soft sky card base and tied the polka dot ribbon (Miss Elizabeth's from Dollar Tree) around the first layer. Then I stamped the flowers from Fabulous flowers in pretty in pink, rose red, taken with teal and soft sky, layered them on pink and rose, and rounded all the corners with my SU corner rounder. I finished the card with a sentiment from Short and Sweet, punched out with my Word Window punch and set with an eyelet into a giant sequin flower from Queen and Co. Thanks for a fun challenge, Karen!

2 comments:

Risa said...

I have just discovered your blog and your cards are beautiful!
malieta:)

michelle sturgeon said...

I really like this card!