Thursday, December 6, 2007

December mini VSN

Yesterday on SCS, four more mini VSN challenges were posted! The December mini VSN runs through Dec. 19, so there is plenty of time to play! You can find out all about VSN and the challenges HERE. I've only managed one card so far, but I'll keep plugging away at the challenges over the next few days until I get them all done. The challenge for this card was to use a word or sentiment stamp as a background on your card. I used the sentiment stamp from the Good Things Simply Sent kit (retired) and stamped it repeatedly in rose red ink on white cardstock. I then stamped the heart in rose romance (retired) and a little flower from the same set in ballet blue. I layered the image on a piece of textured Bazzil cardstock in a color similar to ballet blue, distressed and curled one edge and tied some Michael's $1 ribbon along the side. I then layered that on rose red cardstock. The base is ballet blue, with the bottom half stamped with the flower image from Good Things. I added a strip of rose romance, with three flowers stamped along one side. I added tiny gems to the centers of all the flowers for a touch of sparkle.

No comments: