Sunday, December 30, 2007

Caribbean Christmas

I'm still sharing Christmas projects, since I've only managed to make one card since I got back from my holiday trip! But I plan to be stamping tomorrow and New Year's in hopes of getting back in the groove. The connection between these two projects is the dominant Caribbean blue color in both! The first is a CD case - I picked it up on clearance at Kohl's for like $2 - that I gave to my niece Alison (or Ali for short!). It had a slot for a photo, so I stamped her name in some spectrum-style ink in shades of blue on shimmery white paper, punched it out with my SU scallop punch and adhered it to some turquoise and Caribbean paper. I added a pair of Primas and a shimmery white Making Memories brad. I added an I-tunes gift card and she was thrilled!
This card was inspired by the Tiffany jewelry advertisements that were running on the LA Times Web site before the holidays. They had white snowflakes on the signature blue background, with the Tiffany name in black. I started with a white card base, a narrow black layer, then the cool Caribbean main image. I stamped the snowflakes from SU's retired Lace Snowflakes set in white craft ink and embossed them with white EP. The sentiment is from a Paper Salon tailored tin and is stamped in black Stazon. I finished the card with some white organdy ribbon.

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love the Tiffany inspired card! Awesome!

Lorraine said...

love the colors. how clever are you to use the tiffany colors! love the cd holder too. Have a Happy New year!

Lori Barnett said...

Great color!!! I love how you got inspiration from something and created this. WOW!!