Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend sketch #27

I had a fun and busy weekend that included lots of stamping! I spent Saturday doing chores, visiting a local holiday bazaar (found a couple of goodies for the holidays and even won a cute snowman doorprize!) and then had the November mini-VSN last night. I hosted one of the challenges, but had plenty of time to do the other three, too. There's plenty of time to play if you'd like to join us!
On to the card - I actually made this Friday night for Beate's weekend sketch challenge; I hadn't stamped in more than a week so I felt like it was a bit of a warm-up card. The card base is soft sky, and I stamped it with a circle sentiment and flourishes from the CTMH set Free Spirit. The main image is fabulous flowers which I stamped in soft sky and rolled the edges in blue bayou. I stamped a couple of other flowers to layer and attached them together with a sparkly bread. I also added some diamond stickles. The image is layered on blue bayou and all the corners rounded. I added some wide grosgrain ribbon and popped the top layer on dimensionals.
I made the card to give to a friend from work who is leaving for a new job. I'm going to miss her. So when I sat down to write in the card (after photographing it), I decided I wanted to add the word "friend" from Noteworthy on the main image. I stamped it, but messed it up! So I ended up re-doing the main image of the flower. It actually turned out better the second time, but I didn't take a new picture.

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that big old circle sentiment! Gorgeous!!!

Heather P. said...

This is SOOOO pretty! LOVE all that shimmer. :)