Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Turkey day is near!

One of the mini-VSN challenges posted last weekend was to make a table setting, including menu, place card and napkin holder. Since Thanksgiving is coming, I made a Thanksgiving place setting. I used the leaf stamp from artfully Asian and colored the leaves with blender pens and ink from my pad lids. I punched the leaves out using the SU scallop punch and layered them on circles cut from my CM circle cutting system. For the napkin ring, I used my horizontal slot punch to punch holes for the ribbon, which is tied in a knot. The menu uses the line stamp from Just Journaling and a Marcella K acrylic alphabet from Target. I also made a 2-4-6-8 box which I filled with Hershey kisses. The ink colors are really rust, ruby red, pumpkin pie and chocolate chip. I used those papers along with shimmery vanilla paper from Paper Zone and patterned paper from Creative Memories. Ribbon is from Michaels.
I had some scraps and punched pieces left over so I turned them into a couple more Thanksgiving cards. The sentiment on the cards is from Hero Arts; all other supplies are the same as the set above. There's still plenty of time to play the VSN challenges - they'll be open until Nov. 24. For more information, visit THIS thread on SCS. The more the merrier!

2 comments:

Alley said...

What a fabulous set.

Heather P. said...

Oh, these are just wonderful!