Saturday, November 10, 2007

Totally tubular challenge!


It's another Girls' Night Out in the Virtual Stamp Night forum on Splitcoast. I'm hosting one of the challenges for this mini-VSN, and it's called Totally Tubular Color! Here's the challenge as posted on SCS:
One of my favorite things about Girls' Night Out is getting all dolled up for a night on the town, trying new makeup, spending extra time on my hair and outfit – after all, our girlfriends are the ones who appreciate that kind of effort, not the guys in our lives!
For me, the key to "putting it all together" is lipstick. I could never go out without it, always carry it in my purse, even share it with my friends if they need some color!
For this challenge, use your favorite lipstick colors on your card – corals, pinks, reds, burgundies, bronzes, if it comes in a tube at the drugstore, you can use it on your card or project! You can use a neutral or two if you need to, but the card should scream color.
There is still plenty of time to play if you'd like to join us for the mini VSN. There are no time limits for making your mini VSN creations, but submissions must be uploaded by Saturday, November 24th, at 11:00 PM EST. Here's a LINK to the forum for more info.

Now for the card details! Since I'm a redhead, pink lipstick is out of the question. So the first card uses the warm tones of ruby red and really rust. Card base is ruby red, and the first layer is really rust cardstock under patterned paper from Creative Memories. The top layer is the image from Artfully Asian stamped in chocolate chip on shimmery vanilla cardstock from Paper Zone and layered on chocolate chip. I painted Ranger perfect pearls in blush and rust in the centers of the leaves to mimic the shine and sparkle of lipstick or lipgloss. All the corners are rounded with my new SU corner rounder. I finished the card with a Hero Arts sentiment and some ribbon from Michael's.

The second card is for the cool-tone girls out there. I inked the image from Fabulous Flowers in pomegranate ink and stamped it off once, then spritzed it with water and stamped on shimmery white cardstock. I added the sentiment, then layered on pretty in pink and basic black. Under the image is a layer of prints dp in rose red, layered on black and pomegranate. Card base is pink with more flowers from FF stamped on the bottom in pomegranate. I finished the card with more rounded corners and a piece of shimmery white organdy ribbon.

No comments: