Saturday, November 3, 2007

Inspired

Today is the 100th inspiration challenge on SCS - so Karen challenged us to make a card for and inspired by someone who inspires us personally. I won't reveal who the card is for, but since they're an occasional blog reader, they'll probably figure it out quickly if they see this post! I used Jen del Muro's (I heart to stamp - link at left) weekly sketch challenge sketch for my layout, since she's a stamper who inspires me. The card base is brocade blue; I stamped a CTMH swirl along the bottom to look like waves. I also used whisper white and bashful blue paper and brocade blue and bashful blue ink. The main image is from SU's retired Nature's Wonder. I doubt I will ever part with this set, or the Stipple shells, which are used on the narrow vertical blue strip. I distressed the edges of the white paper with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser. I finished the sanddollar off with some diamond stickles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!! love the "sea" theme!! makes me want to go to the beach!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is SO pretty!

Dawn Wheeler said...

i just stopped by ,(so glad i did).
your cards and layouts are so fab ,Dawnx