Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy winter!

I'm trying to get a head start on the holidays, but now that the calendar has turned over to November, I'm losing hope that is actually going to happen! Tonight I'm working on a card set that will be a Christmas gift; I also have a bunch of other stuff waiting to be tackled. Right now I'm hoping if do a couple of projects each week, I'll be okay to be finished by Christmas! Anyway, one of the ways I'm getting a head start is by getting some holiday cards out of the way. I'm going to do about half of my cards with this year's official "Christmas" set, which I finally received in my last SU order. But before it came, I worked on some cards using Lace Snowflakes, a retired and very pretty set I borrowed from a friend. The card bases are brushed silver and the snowflakes are stamped on whisper white. The colors are burgundy and pretty in pink, hunter and sage shadow, and navy and bashful blue. Each card is tied with organdy ribbon and silver cord, and all have the same sentiment from Savvy stamps. I made two of each color and I have a couple of other color combos I'd like to try. The great thing is they are fast and simple to put together! I'd love to hear about your holiday projects, if you'd like to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful and will make a stunning gift.w

Heather P. said...

These are great... LOVE the colors! :)