Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A sweet little card

Hi from rainy Oregon! I'm having a nice vacation; I leave in the morning for Washington, where I'll visit my cousin and her infant twins, then head to my girls' stamping and scrapping weekend on the Puget Sound! I'm excited to see everybody and also to get some scrapping done!
I was visiting a friend a few weeks ago and she had her stamping stuff out while I was there, so I couldn't resist making a card. It's always a little strange using someone else's stuff to stamp; my friend uses SU stamps and ink, but not the cardstock, pens or anything else! It can be a fun challenge to make "me" cards with her stuff. I started with the flower image, I think the set is called Happier because of you. I stamped it with black stazon, then colored it in with her colored pencils. I then covered the whole thing in Versamark and embossed using some silvery, holographic embossing powder. It's super sparkly in real life. I added the little butterfly, cut out with her CM cutting system, and popped it up with pop dots. I finished the card with a piece of organdy ribbon. All the cardstock is non-SU.

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW -- this is so pretty!!