Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rak-ing up the leaves

I have a stack of RAKs that need posting, so while I'm on vacation and not stamping, it's the perfect time to share some of the cards that have brightened my mailbox lately. Both of these cards feature fall leaves and came from people who participated with me in the September VSN, which had a fall theme. The first card was my first mail ever from Australia. It came from Frances, aka StampOwl, who was one of the other VSN hostesses. This is the card she made for my VSN challenge, which was aptly called "Make like a tree" and was all about making leaving, bon voyage, or farewell cards. I couldn't believe Frances actually had a stamp that said that! Isn't it great? I also love her background on this card. You can see more of Frances' lovely work on her blog, Stamp Owl's Studio.
The second card was made by my friend Patty, aka Pattyb. Patty is a brand-new blogger. You can see more of her work at Paper Patty. Patty was one of the coordinators for the September VSN and sent this to me as a thank-you for hostessing. I love the bright colors in the background here. She included a little bag of goodies, too, which I can't wait to play with! Thanks Patty.

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is so pretty -- love it