Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pink snowburst

I am heading off on vacation starting Saturday - woohoo! - and part of my vacation will be a girls' stamping and scrapping weekend with some friends from college. The friend who organized the weekend is the one who invited me to my very first Stampin' Up party and got me started stamping almost 10 years ago. She rented us a beautiful waterfront home on the Puget Sound in Washington. We'll be relaxing, stamping, hot-tubbing, chatting, snacking, watching chick flicks and otherwise enjoying fall in the Pacific Northwest. I live in California now, and two of the things I miss most are fall, with the crisp, cool air and gorgeous colors of the leaves changing, and my closest, oldest friends, many of whom still live in close proximity to one another in Oregon and Washington. Anyway, I was looking for a little gift to take to my organizing friend, but since she's a stamper and taught me much of what I know, I was struggling with what to make for her. So my friend Joni (jstarbright on SCS) suggested I turn one of those tag punch starbursts into an ornament, and that's what I did here. Pink might seem odd for a snowflake, but I was kind of hampered by my selection of heavy weight sparkly cardstock and mulberry papers - I have quite a few of both, but only a couple that match! And this ornament took a whole sheet of each. The directions for the starburst can be found on SCS here. I made two of the regular snowflakes, then added a smaller one, using six tags. To make the smaller one, I just laid out three tags so the corner points met and left a triangle in the middle, then layered three more tags on top the same way. I attached the silver snowflake brad in center and attached the silver cord hanger to the brad's backside. I attached the two larger snowflakes together using pop dots. I think my friend will like it; if not, I'll hang it on my tree!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Oh my this is just so GORGEOUS!!!