Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fast and fishy

I stamped these Silly Sealife images while I was visiting a friend. I used black Stazon on whisper white paper, figuring I could color them later. Then a few days ago, Sharon of No Time to Stamp posted a challenge to make three quick 3 x 3 cards, so I figured I would use those images and a scrap of Creative Imaginations patterned paper to make a set of little note cards. The card bases are white textured cardstock (manufacturer unknown.) The patterned paper is ticket-corner punched and each image is layered on tempting turquoise cardstock with an eyelet or two for embellishment. The fish are all watercolored using an aquapainter and ink from the pad lids. I was experiment with my watercolor technique - I'm still not very good, and I need to practice on different paper! The octopus is quite shimmery because I had used my aquapainter previously with Ranger perfect pearls and a trace of them remained on the brush. I actually really like the effect, though I'll probably never figure out how to duplicate it! I think these cards will make perfect gift tags for kids' presents. Thanks Sharon, for the challenge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely adorable!!! And to think you had those images stamped and ready to go -- must have been meant to be!!! I love the color you used -- they look wonderful!!! And Yes, they will be so handy to have on hand!!! Great job!!! So glad you played!!! TFS!!!

Heather P. said...

These are so cute!