Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Deck the halls


I'm finally back in California - where it's hot, windy and smoky right now! I brought a cold back with me, so I'm tired, cranky and coughing like crazy, but I will head off to work in a few minutes since I've used up all my vacation/sick leave this year. I will post some photos and info about my vacation and girls' scrapping weekend later in the week; I'm still catching up around here! In the meantime, here's some more stuff I was working on before I left.
I'm trying really hard to get a head-start on the holidays, especially where the crafting is concerned. I have a list of projects I want to get done, and I've started picking up the supplies to make them. One of the ideas I've been saving since last year is this pinecone ornament. I first got the idea from Amanda at Inkspirations. You can check out her tutorial here. I didn't have time to make them last year, but after the holidays, I found a stash of styrofoam balls, then found some of the tiny pins needed to make them at Big Lots. And they sat in my "to make" box for much of the year until a few days ago when I decided I would tackle one. This was my first. I used DCWV paper from an old Christmas stack, added a little charm from the Michael's $1 spot and some organdy ribbon for the hanger. It was pretty easy to make, though I highly recommend using a thimble to stick the pins in or you fingers will get sore!

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW this is just GORGEOUS!!