Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend sketch

I love three-day weekends! I've gotten a lot done around the house - even mopping, which I hate! - and still had time to do some fun stamping. I made this card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge on her blog, Fresh and Fun. The colors were inspired by the Tres Jolie striped paper from My Mind's Eye. I love this collection! I put a layer of crimped pale plum cardstock behind the stripes, cut out the layered circles with my Creative Memories circle cutters, inked the iris stamp in pale plum and sage shadow, and added a touch of perfect plum on the edges, then generation stamped it. I attached the buttons, added the velvet ricrac, stamped the sentiment, then finally added a layer of diamond Stickles over the flowers. This card is headed to a blogging friend!
Additional Info:
Stamps: Iris - penny black; sentiment - A muse
Paper: pale plum, perfect plum, sage shadow, very vanilla, close to cocoa, Tres Jolie from MME
Ink: pale plum, perfect plum, sage shadow, basic brown
Accessories: buttons -Tres Jolie French Kisses; ricrac -Making Memories; diamond Stickles, crimper , CM circle cutters
Techniques: generation stamping

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great take on the sketch, Michelle!
Thanks for playing. Hugs and smiles

Heather P. said...

This is great! LOVE that stamped image! :)