Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Cameo artichokes

For the first time in ages, I had a chance to do the SCS weekly color challenge last night. This week's combo was always artichoke and groovy guava. Since I don't own the guava yet, I substituted cameo coral per Emily's suggestion. I pulled out this Chatterbox DP as a starting point and worked from there. The dp is layered on artichoke, with both layers punched with the ticket corner punch, then layered with dimensionals on a cameo coral card base. I used a swirl clip from the hodgepodge hardware for the ribbon, which is from the Michael's $1 spot. The main image circles were cut out using my CM cutting system - love that thing! I ink the image from Heartfelt Thanks and misted it with water before each generation of stamping on the shimmery white paper. I then added the sentiment from Noteworthy and attached antique brass brads. The image is also mounted on dimensionals. It was a fun, fairly simple card but I like how it turned out.

I'm getting excited for the big VSN weekend. It stars Friday night. I can't wait to share some of the fun things I made for the challenges. Happy hump day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely love this! :)