Saturday, September 8, 2007

Two-a-days!

The title of this post is in honor of a dear (female) friend who recently took a job in the very male world of college football and whose life has been overwhelmed by two-a-days and the like! It also seems appropriate because I think two posts a day, with two cards each, is the only way I'm going to get through sharing all this VSN stuff here in a reasonable amount of time. At this rate, I might be done by next weekend! Plus I want to try a couple of weekend blog sketches if I can, so I guess I best get busy! The first card today is for the VSN challenge by Jen Del Muro (genie1314 on SCS). You can see some of Jen's work on her blog, I{heart}to stamp. She is one of my stamping idols! Anyway, her challenge was Falling in Love with Baby - to make a baby card! I used this image from Everyday Celebrations, stamped in the darkest blue stazon (can't remember the color name) on shimmery white paper and watercolored with bashful blue ink. The other paper is bashful blue for base and some layers, and patterned paper from an 8x8 stack that I think is from Me and My Big Ideas. I distressed all my edges with a Heidi Swapp distressing edge and added some white and blue organdy ribbon to finish it off. The sentiment is from Noteworthy.
The second card was for Kim's challenge (nutsymuhl on SCS). You can see more of Kim's work on her blog here. Kim's challenge also was about falling in love (since the theme is Jump into Fall) but this time with stamps! I think we've all done that, haven't we? Anyway, Kim's challenge was to use your favorite stamps to make a card for a person you love. This card is for my mom and uses Heartfelt Thanks, which is a set I turn to regularly, because it makes such pretty cards. The card base is 4.25 square out of rose red CS, with the edges inked in rose red for extra dimension. The image is mounted on rose red and artichoke. The flowers are stamped on watercolor paper - I misted them between stamping. The colors are rose red and artichoke. I also sponged the edges of the image with rose red and artichoke inks. I finished it with ribbon from Michaels' $1 spot and popped the images up on dimensionals.
Thanks for looking. And if you want to try these or any of the VSN challenges, please do! The more the merrier for the party in the VSN forum! You can find details here.

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

These are gorgeous!! LOVE the stamps, colors, design, everything! :)