Friday, September 7, 2007

Tailgating VSN

VSN weekend has finally arrived! Details of all the fun can be found here in the VSN Forum - please join us, even if it's for just one or two challenges. As a hostess, I got a sneak peek at the challenges and a chance to do my projects early. I'm just posting a couple here tonight - I think there are 18 or so in all, so I'll have to spread them out a bit. The rules of VSN are fairly simple: follow the challenge instructions, spend no more than 45 minutes on your card, and upload by the deadline (3 p.m. ET on Sunday) to be considered for selection a special gallery of the hostesses' favorites. Since the theme is "Jump into Fall" a lot of my cards are fall-themed. I won't have too many Thanksgiving cards to make come November. The first card was for Katherine's (beadfreak22) challenge to make a card in shape and colors of your favorite candy. You don't have to know me that well to know I LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, so they were my inspiration. The card is a rectangle, like their packaging, and the focal image is a layered circle, like the cup. Card details are: stamps - Artfully Asian, flannel plaid bg, and sentiment from Hero Arts; paper - pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, summer sun and glossy white; ink - basic brown, pumpkin pie, more mustard, yoyo yellow; accessories - ribbon from Making Memories, CM circle cutters; technique - crayon resist.
My second card tonight was also a Katherine challenge - she hosted a bonus challenge to start the night off. The challenge was to make a RAK to fill a RAK request in the RAK or Need a Lift forums on SCS. I chose a RAK request from one of my fellow VSN hostesses, Angie (RENSKI) who asked for cards for friends of hers. The husband of the couple was recently diagnosed with cancer. I also used this week's sketch for the card. Details: Stamps - Nature's Wonder, $1 acrylic sentiment from Michael's; paper - cool Caribbean, cranberry crisp, chocolate chip, tempting turquoise, shimmery white, DP is from My Mind's Eye stack from Costco; ink - celery, Caribbean, cranberry; accessories - celery grosgrain from SU, ticket corner punch.
Now I'm off to comment on all the great VSN entries. My challenge will go up tomorrow at 6 p.m. ET, 3 p.m. PT if you'd like to join me!

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

These are so pretty!!! I'm definitely going to have to check out the VSN challenges! :)