Saturday, September 8, 2007

Make Like a Tree

I had such a fun time coming up with my "Jump into Fall" VSN challenge. It's posted now, so I can share it. Here is what I posted:

"You've probably all heard the childhood expression 'make like a tree and leave.' That's just what leaves do in fall - they leave their trees. We're going to use that expression for inspiration for this challenge. Your mission is to make a card that expresses leaving, departure or separation. Think bon voyage, miss you...even sympathy cards could work for this challenge. Any and all interpretations of leaving will be accepted!"

These are the cards I made for my samples. The first one used an old olive card based layered with black and some ancient postage-patterned paper I found in my stash. The image and sentiment came from a transparency sheet I picked up on clearance at a LSS. The image is mounted on cardstock with brads and the sentiment is mounted on a slide mount. I finished it with a bit of olive grosgrain.
For the second card, I used a preprinted sentiment from DCWV, which is layered over some rose red prints dp and attached with rose red brads. I added a bit of black cardstock to one side and layered the whole thing on a rose red card base. The hearts along one side are from the Sage Advice stamp set. I finished it with some striped and organdy ribbons from my stash. Okay, off for more VSN fun! There's still time to play if you'd like to join us!

No comments: