Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stamping when I can

Credit to Alison for the title of today's post and my apologies for the lack of updates this week. It was a very busy week at work, I had the first meeting of my new book club, and just didn't have much time to stamp or blog this week. I started one card Thursday night, but it was challenging me and I had to pick it up again last night before I finally got it done. Can't share that one yet, but I also made this one last night, and that one I can share! This is my take on Beate's weekend sketch challenge this week. My friend Joni (jstarbright on SCS) sent me some Cuttlebug backgrounds and die cuts since I am still CB-free. Maybe Santa will bring me one - especially now that I know how fun they are to create with! The aqua CB background was made with CTMH paper, which has a white core. I then sanded a bit to expose some of it. On the celery layer, I added some detailing with my white gel pen. The sentiment, from Riveting, was cut out with my CM circle cutter and mounted with a dimensional on the die-cut piece. Other details: tempting turquoise card base, shimmery white and basic black cardstock, dp from My Mind's Eye, ribbon, brads from Queen and Co. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have something else new for you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is SOOO cute! I love that paper! :)

Corie said...

This is just stunning -- those colors are FANTASTIC. GREAT job on the sketch challenge, I absolutely LOVE this card!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! I had a hard time with this week's sketch, but you make it look so easy...great job!

My Paper World said...

Wow, I love these colours, this is fab!