Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy birthday Jason!

This card is for my nephew, Jason, who turns 11 today! He's actually my honorary nephew - his mother is my best friend of nearly 20 years. I feel so old writing that! I still remember the day Jason was born - I lived 3.5 hours away and I couldn't get away from work until the next day! I left early, drove as fast as I dared, stopped at a department store and dropped a bunch of cash on cute boy clothes, then raced to the hospital. After a couple of hours there, I had to turn around and drive home again, over a mountain pass no less. But it was totally worth it! I now live about 1,000 miles from Jason, his sister and their parents. I miss them so much sometimes, but try to visit at least three or four times a year, even if only for a few hours.
Now on to the card! Making cards for 11-year-old boys is hard! Especially when I have so few boy stamps! My inspiration for the card is Jason's favorite pastime - motocross racing - and his favorite rider, Chad Reed, who wears blue, black and white. I bought the SU wheel Making Tracks just for Jason's cards as well as for scrapbook pages of him racing. I started with a brilliant blue card base and wheeled along all the edges. I added a black mat, then the white cardstock wheeled with basic black ink. The sentiment is from Happy everything and stamped in brilliant blue, then layered on black and blue cardstock and popped up on dimensionals. I finished the card with some Making Memories eyelets, black hemp twine, and a motorcycle charm from Karen Foster. I hope he liked it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He'll love it! Its the perfect card for an 11 yo boy!

Corie said...

I love this idea for a boy's card -- GREAT idea