Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bright and dimensional!

I'm trying to find ways to group my VSN projects, and these three all fit together as dimensional and bright! The first challenge, hosted by Beena, was to make a Halloween-themed 2-4-6-8 box. These are so fun and easy to make. I used my Booglie Eyes set, stamped with black stazon and colored with bold brights markers. Dracula is mounted on an only orange scallop punch. The box itself is only orange with a strip of retired Dots and Dashes patterned paper and some orange stitched ribbon from Michaels. I made a handle out of green galore and attached with silver eyelets. I filled it with Reese's peanut butter cups - yummy!
The next challenge was to make a touchy-feely card with lots of texture to it. The challenge was hosted by Melinda, aka Wonkaismycat. Her blog, Endless Embellishments, is linked in my blogroll. We met through VSN last year. She's a hoot! For her challenge, I decided I wanted to make a Melinda card - ie. bright colors! The funky fibers were my starting point. My various textures are: fibers, dry-embossed bubbles using crop-a-dile, torn edges, Stickles, crystal effects on the fish, googlie eyes, and dimensionals. I used a tempting turquoise card base, along with cool caribbean, taken with teal and whisper white cardstock. The image is from Toucan of My Love. I colored it with bold bright markers in only orange and pixie pink. I tore the edges to make the water.
Okay, I went a little "out there" with this one. The challenge, by Cary, or Miss Minx on SCS, was to use the cartoon "It's a great pumpkin, Charlie Brown," as inspiration for our cards. When I first read the challenge I decided it would be cool to use squares representing the signature shirts of the characters. So, on the top row, you have Sally and Peppermint Patty, and on the bottom row, you have Linus and Charlie Brown. But then I didn't know what to do with the squares. So I decided I needed a classic CB expression, and came up with Good Grief! I think on the inside I'll write, "It's been awhile since we gotten together. Coffee soon?" Or something like that. Cardstock is real red, basic black, yoyo yellow, pixie pink and an unknown striped paper. The alphabet charms are from Provocraft; ribbon is from my stash. I also did a little doodling on the blank spaces on the card.
Thanks for looking! I'll be back with more cards later today!

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Love these VSN projects! That fish image is just TOO cute!!