Monday, September 10, 2007

Getting gifty

Here are a couple more projects from VSN last weekend. The first challenge, hosted by kthama (Karen) was to make a stamped candle. This was my first-ever stamped candle and it was fun and easier than I expected to make. I just used a mini pillar candle from the $1 spot at Michaels. The image is from Artfully Asian - love that set! I stamped the image on tissue paper using basic brown ink. I then painted the back side of the tissue with two shades of Ranger perfect pearls for some color and shimmer. I attached the images to the candle following the tutorial on SCS. Fun and easy! The next challenge was brought to us by Heather or alcesalces on SCS. It was to make a gift card or money holder using an envelope. I used the flower from All Natural and the sentiment is from Happy Everything. I stamped everything in black stazon then sponged over the top with only orange, pixie pink and real red. I added eyelets, Primas and Queen and Co. brads to complete the gift card holder. Another fun and easy project!

3 comments:

Corie said...

OH the candle is beautifu, and I love the gift card holder!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

You do beautiful work! THanks for coming by my blog... I put your name in on the giveaway also.

Heather P. said...

These are fabulous!