Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fall leaves and flowers

Here's another group of VSN cards for you! The first card was for Angie's (Renski on SCS) challenge to make a waterfall card. I'd never done this technique before, and it was easier than I thought! I used cranberry crisp, chocolate chip, celery, caribbean, pumpkin pie and whisper white cardstock and cranberry, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie and celery ink. The leaves are from Fantastic Foliage and the paper is from My Mind's Eye. I finished the card off with a few eyelets and a sprig of cranberry stitched ribbon.
The second challenge was to "Fall into the Dirt Pile." The hostess, Jimmi (jpmayo on SCS, her blog Stampin and Shopping is linked in my blogroll) asked us to crumple distress and DTP our cards to make them "dirty." I chose chocolate chip, creamy caramel and vanilla cardstock for their dirty tones, and added a piece of Au Chocolat designer paper. I used my Heidi Swapp edge distresser, did some direct-t0-paper inking, and also crumpled up the caramel. I finished the card with some primas and rhinestone brads - because you never know when you might find something sparkly in the dirt!
I made the final card for the RAK bonus challenge. I received a request via private message to RAK someone, so this card is for that. I used Beate's weekend sketch for the layout. The card features some more of the My Mind's Eye paper, along with celery, black, white and turquoise. The flower is stamped in caribbean, with a little turquoise on the edges and celery on the stem, and outlined in Stazon black. The ribbon is May Arts. The sentiment was punched with the word window punch; I slid one end in at a time to make it longer. I finished it with a Prima and rhinestone brad. That's all for tonight - more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW you have had so many fantastic creations lately. I especially love the bright box -- so adorable!!