Monday, September 24, 2007

For Joni

My sweet friend Joni (jstarbright on SCS) sent me a RAK last week that included a bunch of Cuttlebug-embossed backgrounds and die-cuts, the lovely card below, and a Close to My Heart stamp set. Joni is a CTMH demonstrator; you can find her Web site here. She sent me the stamp set, Free Spirit, after I admired a stamp from it in her gallery. What a sweetie! This is my first CTMH stamp set, and the card above is the first one I made with the set. It was a thank-you for Joni, who really is one of a kind! I fiddled with this card for a couple of hours over two nights before I finally settled on a design I liked. I started with the large circle stamp, then used my CM circle cutters to cut the image and a layer for it. I also used the circle cutter for the small flourish at the top. I used whisper white, pixie pink, pink passion and orchid opulence cardstock, and Colorbox pigment inks in peony, heliotrope and orchid. I covered the bird in diamond stickles and used dimensionals on the bird panel and the tiny flourish. I finished the card with a piece of ribbon from my stash. The finished card is 5.5 inches square. I just love the card she made me, too! This blue color - not quite SU caribbean and a little darker than soft sky, and the black and white look terrific together! Thanks again Joni for the awesome RAK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are both beautiful cards!