Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Festive sketch

I made this card late last night for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I've been in the mood to make Christmas cards lately for some reason! The main and tag images are from Festive Favorites - I stamped some images using black stazon a few weeks ago when I visited a friend. I colored the images using blender pens and ink from the pad lids. The ink colors are old olive, true thyme, cranberry crisp, bashful blue, and more mustard. The patterned paper is all from the retired Holiday Thyme collection. The other cardstock is true thyme, cranberry and vanilla. Accessories are cranberry stitched and blue grosgrain ribbon, tag and word window punches, hemp twine, and an eyelet. I think I have about 10 holiday cards done now; only about 50 to go! I usually make most of them the same, but it's nice to have a head start with a few from the challenges to get my stash going. Anybody else working on holiday cards yet?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic card! I haven't started yet, since my PaperTrey order hasn't arrived yet. I will as soon as it gets here, though.

Unknown said...

I love that card. So cute. I haven't quite started with holiday cards yet. Still waiting for some of my supplies to arrive, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

Heather P. said...

Oh, I love this!