Saturday, July 14, 2007

10-Day 10K finale

The final Caardvarks 10-Day 10k challenge was to Scrao-lift, or CASE (meaning use for inspiration) a card in the Club Scrap gallery by Jen. Club Scrap is the prize sponsor for the event. Here's the card I came up with. I was inspired by the colors, Jen's three image panels, and the embellishments. I started with a basic black card base, added a layer of pink passion ink, then used patterned paper from Doodlebug for two of my three strips. The middle strip is flowers from SU's Delight in Life set inked in pink passion and basic black and stamped on whisper white. The sentiment is from Happy Harmony, inked in basic black with a Delight in life flower in pretty in pink. I cut the sentiment and its layers out with my Creative Memories circle cutter. I finished the card with some matching Doodlebug ribbon, some giant white sequin flowers from Queen & Co. and Bazzill brads in their centers.

This is the finished collection of my Caardvarks 10-day 10k challenge cards. The challenges were a lot of fun and I really ended up with quite a variety of cards to use in the future. My stash is definitely replenished now. I did complete all 10 challenges, too! The only card missing is my Six Shooter card found here. I really did not like the final result on that card, so I took the pieces apart right away in hopes of salvaging them and re-using the pieces on other cards. When I have a remade version, I'll post it here.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the design and colors. Great job!