Sunday, July 15, 2007

A*muse*A*Palooza

With the Caardvarks 10K now over, I decided last night to catch up on some challenges for Amuseapalooza. The first card, above, is for the Keep it Simple challenge. The idea is to make simple, clean cards. I used my A muse small skinny oval stamped in Cameo Coral to make a flower, using my stampamajig to line up, as best I could, all the petals. In the center of the flower is a Prima and a black brad. The sentiment is also from A muse and is stamped in black Stazon. The image panel is stamped on shimmery white cardstock, then layered on black and apricot appeal. I've always wanted to do this with my A muse oval, and I'm glad it turned out so well!

The second challenge was to use brand new stamps! I don't have any of the latest A muse stamps because no one around here carries them. Just by chance, though, I picked up this A muse "You're sweet" sentiment at my local stamp store yesterday. They are going out of business, so everything is on sale - and I love a good sale! But the A muse selection is highly limited. But I found this one, and a cute package of A muse notecards, along with some other goodies to bring home and play with. The card is a quick 3 x 3 out of creamy caramel, with itty bitty backgrounds stamped in caramel on it. The ice cream is a $1 Michael's stamp inked in caramel and colored with retired mint melody and real red. The sentiment is stamped in basic brown. The layers are close to cocoa and mint melody. I finished it with a scrap of brown gingham ribbon. A fun little card!

No comments: