Sunday, April 29, 2007

SoCal StampMania!


Yesterday I spent the day at SoCal StampMania IV in Long Beach. I'm on the left in the photo, with Toni (ToniStamping on SCS), Kim (MamaKim), and Minnie (Minnie Cieslak) - the girls I carpooled with. I had a great time - made much easier by Kim. I'm pretty shy, especially at large events where I won't know anyone, so I was reluctant to sign up for SCSM. But I took the plunge, and posted on the thread that I was nervous, but coming anyway, and Kim invited me to join her carpool so I wouldn't have to show up alone. I am so glad I took her up on her offer. We met up at the Rite Aid in Woodland Hills, and by the time we got to the event (after stopping to pick up JustHeather in El Segundo) I felt like I had a great group of new friends!

I met a lot of other fun and really nice people and had a great time stamping and chatting. If you saw me and I didn't say hi, I apologize - I am really shy! The projects, handmade door prizes and raffle prizes were awesome. I will be sharing those throughout the week. But first, here's the card I made for my shoebox project. I hope everyone liked it.


Since we were supposed to use all current Stampin Up products with the exception of embellishments not available to SU. I had to see what I had enough of in my stash of paper to make 18 cards - 10 for the shoebox, 2 for extras, 3 to RAK the hostesses - Jami, JoyofStamping and Waterpixie (Emily) - and three for the girls in my carpool since we agreed to swap our cards, too. Glorious green is one color of cardstock I have plenty of, so I used it for the base of this 3.75 inch triangle trifold. The stamp set is Booglie Eyes - I love that set - and I mounted the ghost on green galore and tempting turquoise. Ribbon is from Michaels. Watch for more pictures from StampMania throughout the week - I have swaps, my door and raffle prizes, and other goodies to share!

No comments: