Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend sketching

Yesterday I had a chance to play with some bloggers' sketch challenges. I love the sketches because they are a great prompt to get me going, especially after a stamping drought! This card was for Anna's (aka Sweet Miss Daisy) sketch challenge. I love this sketch because it is simple, yet so versatile! The card measures 4.25 inches square; the flower was inked in pomegranate and stamped off once to lighten the color. I added stardust Stickles and a fun flower brad to the center for a little bling. I love that the SU pomegranate ink and paper match the rose red prints designer paper. I've been using that combo a lot - the rose red from my sampler pad is almost gone! I sitll have a ton of the saffron, though, so I guess I best get busy and find something to do with it! I'll share more pomegranate cards later today; I'm fortunate that I have NO plans for the day. I'm not big into SuperBowl (I just like the commercials) and it's raining again, so I'll be at the stamp table this afternoon!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Happy Everything (SU)
Paper: Pomegranate, whisper white, prints DP
Ink: Pomegranate
Accessories: SU and May Arts ribbons, stardust Stickles, brad (I think it's from Making Memories), corner rounder

2 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oooooh, LOVE this!! Just lovely! Thank you for playin' my sketch! =) -Anna.

Corie said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!