Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekend Sketching, part 2

I made the top card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. This is the kind of sketch that really challenges me! I have trouble selecting the right images and getting the right perspective with tall cards. So instead of doing a traditional tall card for a business envelope, I made a smaller version, 3.25 by 6.5 inches, to fit a check-sized envelope. I happened to pick up a box of 100 of these envies at the $1 store - talk about a deal! I'm not sure what my deal was, but I was in a pomegranate/fabulous flowers mood this weekend. The center flower is stamped off once then spritzed with water - it just lightens up the color a bit. Thanks for the fun sketch, Beate!
After I made the first card, I decided to make a second one to send as a RAK. After I got started, I realized I had run out of natural hemp twine. So I thought I would substitute black, and add some other black accents, as well. So it has a layer of black under the print paper, and the brads and eyelets are black instead of antique gold. I also used the other tags that were cut out when I die-cut the first ones, which gives it a slightly different look. I'm not sure which one I like better!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Happy Everything, AYC
Ink: Pomegranate, black stazon
Paper: Pomegranate, Kraft, shimmery white, black, Rose Red prints DP
Accessories: Cuttlebug dies, eyelets and brads, hemp, dimensionals

4 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

It's gorgeous, Michelle! Congrats on becoming one of the next VSN Coordinators! You are going to do an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

They're gorgeous! Congrats on being the new CO of VSN. You are going to be awesome!!

Corie said...

WOW -- you ROCKED this challenge. I love this!!