Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dazzling Christmas

I just happened to have a couple of pristine, uncut sheets of this yummy Paper Salon paper from the Dazzle collection, and Paper Salon happens to be hosting a World Cardmaking Day challenge, which you can find here. The papers are blizzard and candy stripe. The challenge is to make a shaped holidaycard or tag or to use one of two sketches from PageMaps. I chose this card layout from PageMaps because it would work wonderfully with this tag punch starburst that my friend Joni encouraged me to try. For directions on making the starburst, which is made with the two tag punches from SU, visit this thread on SCS. Here are the rest of the details: mellow moss card base, Paper Salon designer papers layered with bravo burgundy cardstock; starburst uses sparkly turquoise CS from unknown source (possibly Paper Zone) and pale pink The tiny snowflakes are punched from bravo burgundy and rose romance cardstock using some EK Success snowflake punches I have. The sentiment is from MSE and inked in mellow moss and bravo burgundy. I used the word window punch to round the edges of it. The snowflake brads are from my stash, not sure who made them.
Hope you're all having a great World Cardmaking Day. I am planning to work on some other cards and challenges later, but I need to do some chores around the house, too!

4 comments:

Corie said...

OH my this is the definition of pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Your snowflake is beautiful and LOVE your use of that wonderful Paper Salon paper!

Pearl said...

Beautiful snowflake creation ! how original !

Fiona Carter said...

Beautiful card - your snowflake is very creative.