Saturday, October 6, 2007

Twice as inspired

This week's inspiration piece for the SCS inspiration challenge was some darling white and flowered bedding from Pottery Barn. I made the first card for the inspiration challenge, then used the inspiration piece to make the second card, for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The first card is a white card base with a layer of bashful blue then a layer of embossed cardstock from DCWV that I got at Joanns. I didn't do much stamping on this one - the flowers are Primas with flower brad centers. The white flower brad is coverd in diamond Stickles for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from SU's retired small script set; I love that set! The ribbon is from Michaels.
The second card is using Beate's weekend sketch, found here. I used another piece of the bashful blue as the card base, then cut the partial circle from the same DCWV embossed cardstock, then added another circle layer out of pixie pink. The main image uses stamps from Delight in Life in real red, only orange, pixie pink and old olive. It is also layered on bashful blue and pixie pink. I finished the card with a sprig of striped ribbon from my stash and some Primas and a white flower (source unknown) and a Queen and Co. orange and white brad.
Check back later for more stuff; I plan to stamp a lot today in honor of World Cardmaking Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, both cards turned out beautiful!!!

Andrea, said...

2 wonderful cards

Corie said...

Oh I love both of these -- they are the definition of pretty!!

Shannon McGann said...

Both cards are fabulous! I love the big flowers! Very pretty.

Heather P. said...

These are lovely!

Joy said...

Very cool! :) Love that touch with stickles on that brad! :)