Friday, September 14, 2007

Neutrality

I picked up this sheet of dp from Rusty Pickle when I was shopping for my VSN secret sister, since she said her favorite colors were neutrals, followed by earth tones. The first card uses the dp with black and saffron cardstock. The stamp is from a Marcella K acrylic set from Target (gotta love the clearance endcaps!) I inked it in black stazon. the edges of the black layer underneath the image are roughed up with my Heidi Swapp edge distresser. The sentiment is mounted on dimensionals, in part to accomodate the brown and black hemp twine wrapped underneath. This was a farewell card for my cousin who left for his first year of college at Harvard a few weeks ago. Masculine cards are hard for me, but I was pleased with how this one turned out!
The second card was actually the first one I sent to my secret sis. The dp is layered on chocolate chip and creamy caramel cardstock; the image is stamped on vanilla and layered on saffron and chocolate chip. The flowers of the image were inked in saffron, the stems in caramel, and I attempted to rock-n-roll the flowers in caramel, as well. The flower stamp is from Happy Harmony and the sentiment (stamped in chocolate chip) from Small Script. The cardstock on the image was roughed up with the edge distresser, and I finished the card with this funky brown velvet ribbon I picked up at the LSS where I got the paper. The card is 5.25 inches square.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They're gorgeous!! I love what you've done.

btw ~ You've been tagged
http://kmuhl.blogspot.com/2007/09/ive-been-tagged.html