Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend sketch block

I've tried twice now to stamp a card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge - both times ended up looking very little like the sketch, so I think I must have a block for this particular sketch. The part that I keep forgetting is the wider panel under the main image. And both cards have the sketch flipped so the panel is on the left instead of the right. The first card I made was for a friend's birthday. I started with a rose red base and layered with a piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. The main image is a flower from Heartfelt Thanks inked in rose red and artichoke and stamped three times without reinking on shimmery white cardstock. The sentiment from Happy Harmony is inked in bordering blue. The image is layered on buckaroo blue and artichoke. I also used the ticket corner punch and antique brass brads from Hodgepodge Hardware. I finished the card with ribbon (Jody Morrow ribbon share via blog candy from Jimmi Mayo!) and a buckle from HH. The card is 5.5 inches square.
,When I went back to the sketch, I realized I really hadn't followed it all that closely, so I decided to try it again this afternoon. But even though I had the sketch on the computer screen five feet away, I still forgot the wide panel, and this one I flipped on accident! I meant to make it with the panel on the right, but as I got into the cardmaking and forgot! This card base is chocolate chip, the main image is an ancient piece of patterned paper from Anna Griffin layered on cranberry crisp. The band across the card is crimped chocolate chip cardstock layered on old olive. The stamped circle is from Riveting with cranberry ink layered on a chocolate chip circle. I attached a sprig of olive ribbon underneath. Thanks for the challenge, Beate! I'll try to do better next time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, my sketches are only starting points. You created two beautiful cards starting out with the sketch! Love them both!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

There's no right or wrong...you made 2 gorgeous cards, that's all that matters. Great job, Michelle!

Corie said...

These are FANTASTIC!!!! The beauty of the sketch challenge is that it is your point of view. I love both of them -- GREAT job on the Challenge!!!!!!!

Heather P. said...

These are absolutely wonderful!!

Shabbychick Junk said...

Oh man, just beautiful! Love the floral one SO much! Nice to meet you, you have a beautiful blog! :)