Sunday, January 6, 2013

Calendar + Bookmark sets

I made a couple of these little calendar/bookmark sets for gifts for family this year. I always make something handmade for my mom, sister and aunt, and sometimes others if I have time. The calendar is a tear-off from Taylored Expressions and the stand is a clear acrylic frame I picked up at Big Lots for a really good price! I used some scrapbook paper scraps in their favorite patterns to make the sets. The bookmark uses the MFT bookmark duo stamps and dies. This set is for my sister, who loves the color teal. I used teal ribbons, twine and scrapbook papers.
This set is for my mom, who loves the beach and bright colors! I used a mix of ribbons, twine and papers on this set. The bookmarks were a particular hit when they opened their gifts - everybody gets a kick out of that sentiment!
Supplies:
Stamps: MFT Bookmark duo
Ink: Bermuda bay, Melon mambo
Cardstock: Melon mambo, bermuda bay, neenah white, yellow, Echo Park dp, misc beach dp
Accessories: bookmark duo dies, twine, eyelets, buttons, prima flower, acrylic frame, calendar

No comments: