Saturday, October 20, 2012

Stamping for a cause

 Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. I've been too busy stamping (oh, and working, so I can pa for my ink and paper!) I made several cards for World Cardmaking Day, and have spent much of the last few weeks making cards for Splitcoaststampers' third-annual Hope You Can Cling To challenges. This year, SCS is offering more than $6k in prizes for participants who make and send cards to breast cancer patients at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas. But really, the best reward is being able to make cards for people who could use a lift. I'll be sharing some of the cards I've made over the next few days. First up today is a totally CAS card - the challenge was to take inspiration from the Emily Dickinson poem about hope. I paired a tiny bird from an old SU Easter set with this lovely HOPE image from Taylored Expressions. A touch of stickles and ribbon complete the card.
The challenge for this card is to show who you are as a cardmaker. I dabble in a few styles, mostly clean and simple, but I do love patterned papers, too! This card features one of my favorite techniques - paper-piecing - and one of my favorite embellishments - buttons and twine. Papers are from Little Yellow Bicyle, the Elizabeth Park collection. The image and sentiment are from Unity and are one of my favorite messages to women fighting cancer! Thanks for stopping by today. And please come play along with the challenges if you have time!
Supplies:
Stamps: Top card: Taylored Expressions, SU; Bottom card: Unity Stamp Co
Ink: Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: PTI chocolate brown, pink pirouette, neenah white, SU basic gray, melon mambo, Elizabeth Park dp
Accessories: stickles, corner rounder, ribbon, twine, button, nestabilities

No comments: