Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hope for a cure

A cure. That's definitely what I hope for. Too many people I know, including several women in their 30s and 40s, have received a cancer diagnosis in the last few years, including several with breast cancer and my sister with uterine cancer. That is one the reasons I have participated in the Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling To challenges for the last three years. It's one way I can provide support for those fighting this dreaded disease, and hopefully, spread a little hope and joy through the power of a handmade card. Today's card features a stamp from Unity, as well as these fabulous flower Nestabilities I've had in my stash for several years. For the background pattern, I laid a bunch of strips of patterned paper on a sheet of plain typing paper and adhered them down, then ran the whole thing through my Cuttlebug. It's a fun technique that I will definitely try again. Plus it's a great way to use up all those scraps of pretty paper I have on my desk!
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markeres
Cardstock: SU regal rose, neenah white, Crate Paper Paper Heart dp
Accessories: corner rounder, stickles, ribbon, button, Nestabilities

No comments: