Thursday, September 6, 2012

Driving by

 The son of one of my best friends is turning 16 soon! Yikes - it doesn't seem possible that he could be that old. I'm his honorary aunt and it is one of my great joys. I used to live close by and was lucky to spend a lot of time with him when he was young - such fun memories! Anyway, since he's turning 16, and he's driving, I figured he needed a vehicle-themed card, and for a gift, he's getting a gift card for gas! He's a country kid at heart, so I figured the pick-up truck from this SU oldie but goodie would be perfect. I used green because he's a fan of the Oregon Ducks.
The finished card measures 4.25 inches square. I wanted to make it a gift card holder, and I searched for awhile online, but couldn't find just the right thing, so I made my own version!. I started with a 4.25 by 12 inch sheet of green cardstock. I scored the cardstock at 4.25, 6 and 7.75 inches. The outside score lines create the 4.25-square card. The 6-inch score creates an interior pocket. I sealed the far left edge with red line tape, then used a label punch along the inside edge to create the opening for the card. I don't have the gift card in hand yet, but I tested it with debit card and it works great!
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: Coredinations, Neenah white, Echo Park Country Drive
Accessories: button, twine, label punch

No comments: