Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sympathy in green

I needed a sympathy card recently for a friend whose brother died suddenly. I admit, I hate making sympathy cards, so I usually don't have them on hand. The flip side of that is I am thinking about the person and their loss while I am making the card, and I hope they can sense that when they receive it. For this card, I was attempting to channel Heather Telford and her beautifully simple style using masking and silhouette images. It was also my first attempt at using masking fluid. I need some practice with it, but I have to say, I love the effect! I used sticky notes to carefully mask off my image panel, flicked masking fluid over it, then sponged two shades of green ink. I removed the masking fluid and the sticky notes, then stamped my leaf image and sentiment. The card is finished with a simple button and twine. This is definitely something I will try again. Thanks for the inspiration, Heather!
Supplies:
Stamps: leaf, Gina K Designs, sentiment, Just Rite
Ink: Memento bamboo leaves, pear tart, tuxedo black
Cardstock: SU Old Olive, basic black, Neenah white
Accessories: button, twine

No comments: