Thursday, May 3, 2012

One layer

I had a chance to play along in a challenge on StampTV the other day, and boy was it a challenge! Tina asked us to make a one layer card with just one embellishment. I pulled out one of my all-time favorite Gina K Designs stamp sets, Gifts from the Sea by Melanie Muenchinger, and got to work. I started with a cream card base, then used masking to layer the shell images in different colors of ink. One smart thing I did when I first got this set was make masks for several of the images using sticky notes. Each time I use the masks, I stick them on the cover of the stamp set and save them for future use. It makes the masking go much faster, since I don't have to do all that fine cutting! Anyway, after I layered the shells, I added sand using a shimmery brilliance ink, then finished the card off with a sentiment and a ribbon.
Supplies:
Stamps: Gifts from the Sea, Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs
Ink: Memento desert sand, brilliance chestnut, Memento tuxedo black, Memento potter's clay, brilliance pearlescent beige
Cardstock: Choice buttercream
Accessories: ribbon

No comments: