Saturday, April 28, 2012

Drink umbrella wreath

Today's project is a bit of a departure from my usual stamped cards. I may have mentioned here that I am a big fan of Pinterest. One of the first pins on my board was this wreath made from drink umbrellas. Well, after I put away the Easter decorations last weekend (a little late, I know!) my door was feeling a bit bare, so I figured it was time to spruce it up a bit. I picked up a styrofoam wreath form and a bunch of cheap drink umbrellas and put this together last night. It was pretty easy, once I got the hang of the spacing and angles for the umbrellas. I love how it turned out, though I wish I had a wider, pink ribbon to tie it with. I think it'll be perfect for spring and summer!
Supplies:
Styrofoam wreath base, paper drink umbrellas, ribbon for hanging

No comments: