Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fascination with feathers

Cath is hosting a "Fascination with Feathers" challenge on the Moxie Fab World blog to coincide with a feature on the trend in the latest issue of Papercrafts. The challenge closes tomorrow, and I hadn't been struck by any inspiration to play in it until today, when I stopped by my local stamp store. I was there to have some Copics refilled - love that they have that service! - but of course I had to look around, and lo and behold, they had these super cool feather embellishments. I just had to have one. Well confession time, I actually thought the box had three embellishments, which would have been a much better deal! But of course, when I got home, what I thought was three separate feathers was actually just one embellishment. Anyway ... I knew that these feathers would be perfect for Cath's challenge, so I sat down and got to work. I thought this Hero Arts image matched the vintage feel of the feathers. I created the striped background by streaking Copic markers across paper, then misting with colorless blender. After I was done coloring the main image and the background, the whole card needed something, so I spritzed everything with a fine sheen of gold glimmer mist. It was the perfect touch - too bad you can't really see it in the photo! Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the finished card. Thanks for a fun challenge, Cath!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Cardstock: SU taken with teal, PTI black, Neenah white
Accessories: gold glimmer mist, feathers 

2 comments:

Carole said...

Very pretty.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)