Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Glittered flourish

I had a chance to play along with a couple of the VSN challenges on Splitcoast over the weekend. This card sure gave me fits! The challenge was to incorporate flourishes. I had a package of decorative adhesive flourishes in my stash, but I had trouble getting them applied without the adhesive stretching and warping. Then I went to glitter one and realized I didn't have the right color of glitter for my idea. What I did find was this funky shade of green. Once I had the flourish down and glittered, I had no idea what to do with the panel! Finally I settled on a simple sentiment, ribbon and button. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the result, especially given the trials I had getting here! :)
Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Think Big Favorites
Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Cardstock: Neenah white, PTI dark chocolate, SU old olive
Accessories: Clearsnap adhesive flourish, glitter, seam binding, button

No comments: