Friday, January 13, 2012

Cling snowman

Happy New Year! I'm trying very hard to get back in the stamping groove, and that includes, I hope, a return to regular blogging! I have a few projects stacked up to share with you, so that should help! My crafting goals for the year include trying to get all my Christmas cards done before December in 2012, since I failed miserably at that in 2011! I also hope to continue submitting a few things for publication consideration, and want to participate in challenges for some of my favorite spots on the web. That combination led to today's card!
When I was home in Oregon for Christmas, I picked up a few goodies at an after-Christmas sale. This cling snowman set was half off! So was the Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas paper I paired with the image. The fun sparkly fringe was a gift from my sister, and I thought it paired well with this layout and card! Even better, the card fits the "Ellen Hutson LLC Hero Arts Cling Take 'n Make" challenge on Ellen's Classroom blog. I almost forgot about this challenge, but I remembered just in time, since it ends on the 15th! There are also challenges for Hero Arts' wood and clear stamps.
The layout and design are pretty simple, which is good, since I plan to replicate this one a couple more times. My goal is six holiday cards each month between now and the end of November. Wish me luck!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: neenah white, PTI black, Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas
Accessories: fringe, Stickles, corner rounder

No comments: