Sunday, October 2, 2011

World Card Making Day 2011


Happy World Card Making Day, or, should I say, weekend! I was so busy crafting yesterday that I forgot to blog! I had time to play in a few of the challenges out on the web to celebrate this special day. Today's card is for a color challenge by JulieHRR on Ellen Hutson's Classroom blog. There are four challenges in all, and so far, I've made cards for two. I'll share another tomorrow! The colors were a challenging combination for me, so I decided to try my hand at a scrap card. I went through my patterned papers until I found a few scraps in the color combination, then cut them to cover my card base. Black was the fourth color in the combination, so I accented my card with a black ribbon and black ink. The sentiment panel was die cut, then I added some red rhinestones. This should brighten somebody's mailbox!
Thanks for a fun challenge, Julie and Ellen, and Happy World Card Making Day to all my crafty friends!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Cardstock: neenah white, barely banana, Basic Grey, Kaisercraft and Stampin Up patterned papers
Accessories: Nestabilities, ribbon, My Mind's Eye rhinestones

1 comment:

Julie Ebersole said...

YAY! Great take on the palette and thank you so much for playing my WCMD color challenge!