Thursday, September 29, 2011

Big news!

I am so excited! Paper Crafts magazine's special holiday issue, Holiday Cards & More, came out this week, which was a really, really big deal for me, because it features one of my cards! I'm officially published!!!! You can find my card on page 50. I stopped at Michael's the other night to see if they had the magazine yet, and was thrilled to find it. I have to admit, I was kind of holding my breath to make sure my card actually made it in print! I got out to my car and started flipping through as fast I could until I found myself. It's funny how exciting it is to see you work and your name on a printed page. As a professional writer, seeing my copy in print isn't anything new anymore. But to see my artwork in print, that is a new kind of special. Getting published has been a secret paper-crafting goal of mine for awhile, and I am so happy I can cross it off my list now. And a special thanks to Paper Crafts for picking me!
On a side note, I have taken a good look through the entire special issue, and I have to say there are a ton of really inspiring cards, tags and gifts in here, so if you are in need of a holiday crafting kick-start, I highly recommend picking up a copy. You can order online HERE if you can't find it in a local store. 

2 comments:

Rene said...

Congratulations, that is great news!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Dude! That is HUGE news!! I am so incredibly happy for you!! Can't wait to see your project when I get my designer copy . . . I'm hoping it arrives soon so I can drool all over your project. Congrats, GF!!