Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

This card seemed fitting for today's 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. My alarm used to be set to the radio, and I remember waking up that morning and hearing Peter Jennings' voice. It took a few minutes in my sleepy state to realize the magnitude of what was happening. I rushed to the TV and watched in horror as more planes crashed and the Twin Towers fell. I made my first visit to New York this summer, and I was struck by how big the scar of 9/11 really is on the city and its people, but also by how resilient they've been since that day 10 years ago. Today I remember the victims and those who have suffered since that day.
Supplies:
Stamps: PTI
Ink: fresh snow, PTI
Cardstock: choice buttercream, cranberry crisp (SU), enchanted evening (PTI)
Accessories: PTI die, star punches, cuttlebug, twill, button, linen thread

No comments: